How To Temporarily Lock Your PC if someone tries to Guess Password: Sometimes it is important to secure your PC from someone else. In this post, we will tell you the method to temporary lock PC if someone tries to guess the account password. You can do this with simple commands that will help you to secure your privacy.
Security is the most important thing so all users can’t access your private files. Talking about window security, at windows you will find ‘User Accounts’ that sometimes access by any user. So, you can lock this with a unique password. Now, the hacking method is increasing rapidly, so these type of securities would not be beneficial and windows can easily be hack by users that try to guess. You can prevent this if your window will lock temporarily if someone tries to guess the Windows password. In this post, we will tell you method how to temporarily lock PC if someone tries to guess the password.
How To Temporarily Lock Your PC if someone tries to Guess Password
Now, we will tell steps so you can secure data by temporarily lock PC
- Open Command Prompt by Win + R buttons on keyboard and type cmd
- In the CMD window, type “net accounts“. This will show the policy of current password which is by default “Lockout threshold: Never” that means your account would not be locked if someone fills incorrect password on windows several times.
- Now, put another command “net accounts /Lockoutthreshold:4“. By this command, you can set limit for an incorrect password when someone filling on windows and after given limits, your Windows would be locked. For eg, In this command, I set the limit to 4, now after 4 unsuccessful guesses, the window will lock temporarily.
- Now, we have to set the lock duration. For this just type another command in CMD that is: “net accounts /lockoutduration:25“. The time will be set in minutes and you can set this according to your need. Now, In our command, I set time duration is 25 minutes.
- Now, after all this process, your system will be lock after exceeding the limit of wrong password. This will help your PC to protect from unknown users.