How to Rank High on Facebook Search. Are you lacking to get right ROI from facebook page after writing so many posts? In this post, we will guide you to do SEO for the Facebook page.
Facebook is an amazing marketing platform to build an online brand and attract new customers but with increase competitions standing out as a Facebook page is important to get noticed.
Here are 8 actionable SEO tips to optimize your Facebook business page for getting noticed.
- Facebook page is important to get noticed in order to attract new customers and build online brand with increased tough competitions.
- Please look into the following SEO tips to enhance your Facebook business page to get noticed.
How to rank High on Facebook search
1. Choose a specific name for your business
Often times, when a user searches for a business on Facebook, he gets several identical pages which confuse potential customers. If you have a city-specific business, you can make your customers life easy by adding your city name in your Facebook Page Name.
- Having a city-specific business can make customers life easy by adding city name in the Facebook page name. Searches for a business on Facebook with identical pages confuse potential customers which avoids confusion of potential customers.
You can also claim a custom Page URL with your Brand name in URL to make communication Easy.
- Communication becomes easier if you claim a custom Page URL with Brand Name in URL,
2. Choose Profile Pic that represents your Business:
Your profile picture should be identifiable; in most cases, business logo suits best as a profile picture.
- Profile pictures should be identifiable, as business logo suits it as best.
A common mistake, I see, with profile picture is using an image that doesn’t perfectly fit into profile picture size; It not only makes identifying your business difficult (because your logo is cropped) but also shows careless page management.
- If Profile picture size doesn’t perfectly fit into the profile picture size, it ends in business identification difficulty.
3. Select the right business category for your business:
You can create a page on Facebook in one of the 6 categories including:
- Local business or places – Locality
- Company, Organization or Institution – Company, organization or Institution
- Brand or Product – Brand Name or Product Name
- Artist, Band or Public Figure – Through Social Media
- Entertainment, Public Network
- Cause or Community. Cause or Community
The choice of the right category will vary from industry to industry, but in most cases, you will want to list your business in one of the first three categories. I.e. Local Business, Company, Organization or Institution, and Brand or Product.
- Though the choice of right category varies, one should list your business in one of the three categories i.e. Local business, Company, Organization or Institution, and Brand or Product.
If you have a multi-location business and want to create the page for business as a whole, you should categorize it in Company, Organization or Institution category.
- If you have a multi-location business as a whole, categorize it in Company, Organization or Institution category.
On the other hand, if you operate only in limited geography or have a franchise of a multi-location business, you should choose a Local business page; this distinction will help to identify customers looking for local solutions.
- Instead, If the business is operated in the limited geography of a multi-location business, choose a Local business page which helps to identify customers looking for local solutions.
Let’s understand this with an example of two business: A National Car Manufacturer and its Dealers
- Examples of A National Car Manufacturer and its Dealers:
If the car manufacturer wants to make a page to represent its entire business covering every car model, he should create the page under Company, Organization or Institution Category. On the other hand, the dealers of this car manufacturer should create their Facebook pages as local Business or Places because they are operating in geographically restricted areas.
- The Car Manufacturer wants to make a page to represent its entire business under the company, he should create the page under Company, Organization or Institution Category.
On the other hand, the dealers of this car manufacturer should create their Facebook pages as local Business or Places in specific geographically restricted areas.
There will be dealers from many cities or states, resulting in dozens of Facebook pages Which will make situation aggravating for customers who are searching for local solutions. that’s why I suggest to include the city name in business page name for local businesses.
- Specific dealers of many states or cities have to include the City name in business page name for local business which helps Customers who are searching for local solutions.
Now let’s see the situation from a different perspective–As the car manufacturer will produce limited numbers of models, he may decide to also create a facebook page for each of his car models. In this situation, he should create these pages in Brand or Product Category.
- From a different perspective – The car manufacturer who produces the limited number of models, can create a facebook page for car models, which he should create these pages in Brand or Product Category.
The decision of creating a Facebook page for each Brand or product will depend on business nature. if your product basket has only a few products like automobile, soft drink, you can create a Facebook page for each, but in case of multi-product industry like FMCG creating a Facebook page for each brand will not be feasible. You may, however, decide to create few pages for most profitable brands.
- If your product category has only a few products like automobile, soft drink, you can create a Facebook page for each Brand or product depending on the nature of the business. But for a multi-product industry, each brand will not be feasible. However, your focus to be on profitable brands.
5. Enlist your products/ product categories on Shop Tab and E-Commerce :
You can showcase your product basket in the shop Tab of Facebook Page. Depending on the number of products you market, you can choose to showcase individual products or product categories. You can use Facebook shop not only as product catalog to showcase products, but can use it directly as an e-commerce solution to sell products.
- If you need to showcase your product classification in the shop Tab of the Facebook page, you can execute with individual products or product categories. This will further help in the direct marketing of showcase products through e-commerce solutions to sell products.
6. Enlist your Business services on service Tab:
Similar to shop Tab for products, Facebook offers a service tab to enlist your business services. You can give details of Service name, its brief description along with price and service duration.
If you don’t find this option by default, go to Page Settings> Edit Page> Edit Template> Choose Service Template.
- Similarly like shop Tab, Facebook offers service Tab to enlist your business services, wherein you can furnish your Service name, its brief description along with price and service duration.
8. Ask satisfied customers to review your business on Facebook:
They say mouth publicity is the most effective form of advertisement and if you can get it from your customers on Facebook, I am sure, you can translate it into business success.
- In order to translate your business success, the word of mouth publicity is the most effective form of advertisement.
Ask your loyal customers to review your business on Facebook under Review tab. A few customer testimonials can bring dramatic changes to your Facebook page performance.
- The testimonials of few loyal customers can bring dramatic changes on Facebook page performance under Review Tab.
But as you know when it comes to writing, people delay things. What you can do to overcome this problem is to offer a written testimonial to customers that match their experience; ask them to post it on your Facebook page as the review.
- But the drawback is people delay in writing their reviews.
- The customer can be asked to offer a written testimonial to match their experience and post their review on the Facebook page.
Instead of a business brand, if you want personal branding, you can go for Artist, Band or Public Figure category. Celebrities, Politicians, and Artists should go for this category to create Facebook pages.
- Personal branding of Celebrities and Artists can also brand their category on Facebook Pages.